Subject: Re: sparc64 hardware
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/03/2007 20:41:45
> What about SBus machines?  If someone could afford the $$, would a big
> SCSI drive work in one of those?  I have several Ultra 2's just sitting
> here.

There might be firmware limitations if your large drive is also your boot
drive.  I think that earlier firmware (PROM) version sun4u machines can
only boot from the first 4Gb of the disk, so your root partition can't be
larger than this.  I'm not sure what the limitations are for later machines
(if any).

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/