Subject: Re: 4.0_BETA testers wanted
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Jay Nelson <jdn@bga.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/30/2007 13:39:17
On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 08:43:28PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> the release enginering team asked me to explicitly ask for testers: they just
> applied a patch from me to the netbsd-4 branch that has no equivalent in
> -current, thus is barely tested (by me, on two machines) so far.
>
> If anyone is running a 4.0_BETA* sparc64 machine, could you please test
> with locore.s rev 1.232.2.1 and report any regressions?
>
> We are expecting a release candidate 1 very soon now, so if this change
> should (unexpectedly) break something, we'd need to fix it ASAP.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

I am into the xsrc portion of building a full release on a U10 and
have seen no sign of trouble.

I updated source a little before you checked in the change, so I only
updated sys/arch/sparc64, built a new kernel and rebooted before
starting the release.

This system is running two IDE disks mirrored under RAIDframe. If
there is more information I can provide that would be helpful, let me
know.

-- jay