Subject: Re: SMP status
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/26/2007 21:23:18
On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 07:28:28PM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> > And before you ask: we don't have support for Nevada cpus yet either.

[Side note: Niagara was the correct code name]

> Is this hard / time consuming? Or just a matter of "will come quick once
> the SMP issues are ironed out"?

USIII(+) will probably come pretty soon.

I have no concrete ideas about Niagara, and don't have hardware myself.
There are people who have the hardware, but I'd let them speak for themself.

> Different TLB / pmap(4)?

USIII has some MMU extensions, the pmap will not be affected a lot. The
machines use different PCI root bridges, but support for that is not too hard
either (given that there is usable source code for them out there nowadays).

> What about E[3456][05]00 support?

I don't know - do you have some spare machines?

Martin