Subject: SMP status
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/25/2007 21:47:17
Hi folks,

I think a -current GENERIC.MP kernel should be able to boot into
single user shell on all supported machines. Beware, it will crash
soon if you do serious stuff ;-)

If you have a MP machine, it would be good if you could test this and
tell me if it crashes before reaching the shell prompt.

We have a few things still to do for full SMP support:

 - run a clock interrupt on secondary CPUs
 - verify some IPI handlers and uncomment them
 - fix some pretty obvious locking issues in the pmap (some places
   use splhigh() as the only locking currently)
 - fix a non trivial issue with locking for pseg_set() calls on the
   kernel pmap

And, of course, fix all bugs that show up on the way ;-}

Thanks to everyone who helped to get this far.

Martin