Subject: Re: Help wanted: 4.0 release notes
To: None <martin@duskware.de, port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: David H. Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/09/2007 00:39:13
>From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
>To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
>CC: "David H. Gutteridge"
><dhgutteridge@sympatico.ca>,port-sparc64@NetBSD.org
>Subject: Re: Help wanted: 4.0 release notes
>Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 08:22:56 +0200
>
>On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 02:51:37PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
> > if this is for pthreads then the problem no longer exists in
> > -current.  but 4.0 should have them enabled -- that is before
> > the problem was fixed.
>
>Right, and the problematic version is not on the netbsd-4 branch - but:
>we did not re-enable threads in -current :-(
>
>Martin

Sorry, let me amend my earlier question, I confused present and future
in my mind.  At present, the fix in revision 1.5 is what's included in
the netbsd-4 branch, so Martin, you're absolutely right, the "lost
change" isn't lost.  But in my perambulations I noticed that there's a
pull up request on the netbsd-4 branch to bump BIND to 9.4.1, which
would possibly bump the file in question to revision 1.6 and undo
the fix.  When I wrote the other email, I was thinking the pull up had
already happened, but it hasn't.  (So this email may be redundant.)

Dave