Subject: Re: Status of -current
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/04/2007 14:19:55
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:42:43 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 12:17:12PM +0100, Raymond Meyer wrote:
> > Hi, what's the status of -current? Is it stable, have threading bugs been
> > fixed?
>
> Yes to both, seems to be in pretty good shape.
>
> Martin

Cool, I've created a bootable CD from recent daily build:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/200704030002Z/sparc64/

and will give it a try. Hopefully it'll be stable for desktop use.

By the way, files at the above ftp URL under directory:

binary/sets/

have .tgz extension, but they have not been gzipped, i.e. they're regular
tar files. So, looks like something has gone wrong there, I had to gzip
them by hand.