Subject: Re: Newlock2 - what about threading bugs?
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 02/25/2007 19:33:06
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:34:47 +0000
Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru> wrote:

> Does the new threading subsystem eliminate those bugs or are they
> still present?
Maybe it is to early to judge. But firefox-1.5.0.9 from pkgsrc-2006Q4 is
running on my U60 with -current 4.99.12 for over an hour now. It crashed
at the first attempt to start, but it runns now.[1] At the moment it is
running far longer then I have seen it run on sparc64 ever. (If it makes
a difference: I don't use the local Xserver, it is displayed on my
PeeCee running 3.0 via remote networked X.)

The only problem is that I need a kernel with LOCKDEBUG enabled to avoid
the "SIR Reset Watchdog Reset" problem.

[1] Maybe this was caused by a ~/.firefox that was generated by a i386
firefox before.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen