Subject: Re: Xorg (7.1) and keyboard
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp2.inet.fi>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 12/05/2006 23:56:42
Michael Lorenz wrote:
>> One, Xorg 7.1 compile does not go out of the box on
>> NetBSD/sparc64. There are some ifdefs where NetBSD needs
>> to be added, and I've dropped sbus support away to make it
>> compile at all.
>
> Have a look at xsrc/xorg in NetBSD's cvs repository - that's xorg 7.0
> but the missing bits for sparc64 are in place.

Hmm, okay. Do you have any advice where should I be diffing,
regarding the wskbd issue?

I looked at bsd_init, bsd_io and bsd_kbd in
xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd
directory and compared them to what Xorg 7.1 has, and
couldn't see any differences between them (I didn't
actually diff them, though).

>> I'm wondering whether this all is caused by not using
>> wskbd in the Xorg config?
>
> Likely.
>
>> And I'm wondering how can I go about using wskbd?
>> If I set keyboard protocol to wskbd and device to
>> /dev/wskbd (or /dev/wskbd0), X claims that it can't
>> open the device (I added errno printing, and the error
>> is EBUSY, which is not really surprising, given that
>> the keyboard is attached to console...)
>
> Try /dev/wskbd0

Tried both wskbd and wskbd0 and they both fail
the same way: EBUSY (doesn't the mux claim wskbd0).

Am I even right in the assumption that X server needs to
somehow make the console release the wskbd before it
opens it? If not, how is X and console supposed to share it?