Subject: Problem booting 3.1 on dual Creator3D Ultra 60
To: NetBSD sparc64 <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/21/2006 19:28:55
Hi all,

I recently obtained an Ultra 60 with a single 360Mhz CPU and a pair of
Creator3Ds. When I try and boot NetBSD 3.1 with both Creator3Ds installed,
the boot doesn't complete successfully - it seems to hang just after
switching the console to ffb0 and finding the second video card (ffb1). If
I remove the second video card, the boot completes normally and 3.1 works
fine thereafter (including X11, etc).

Is this a known issue? If anyone needs any further info (PROM dumps, etc),
please let me know. I can arrange serial console access if someone wants to
debug the problem.

Solaris 10 works fine with the dual head setup, BTW, so the hardware is
fine.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/