Subject: Re: Undefined symbol "" when running program
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Pierre Pronchery <khorben@defora.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 11/06/2006 00:34:54
Tyler Spivey wrote:
> How would I check this? I'm quite new to NetBSD.

Unfortunately me too, and I don't know much about spidermonkey :/

However, from what you pasted it seems libjs.so comes from a package,
probably spidermonkey.

If you compiled it yourself, I would go back into its "work" sources
(something like /usr/pkgsrc/lang/spidermonkey/work/spidermonkey-version)
and check the CFLAGS value inside the relevant Makefile (certainly in
the folder libjs.so was compiled). An easier way is to run "make clean
all" and look at the compilation flags during a typical build.

If you did not compile it yourself, you can file a bug report, or try to
compile it yourself. More information about how to do that is found at:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/

> On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 10:23:16PM +0100, Pierre Pronchery wrote:
>> Tyler Spivey wrote:
>>> When I try to link against libjs, included in lang/spidermonkey, with
>>> both netbsd 3.0.1, 3.1 and 4.0_beta200610260000Z, I get (in 3.x case)
>>> /usr/pkg/lib/libjs.so: Undefined symbol "" (symnum = 6)
>> Can you check if libjs.so was compiled with -fPIC?
>> This gave me headaches for months :(((

HTH,
--
khorben