Subject: Re: SIR Reset
To: brad dreisbach <bradd@ameri.ca>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@NetBSD.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/24/2006 16:12:41
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, brad dreisbach wrote:

> I keep getting SIR resets on one of my netra boxes.  I have not really been
> able to find any useful information on the internet thus far.  anyone
> have any ideas what could/would cause this to happen?  I did see a post from
> eduardo but, im not able to type anything after the SIR reset to collect the
> data he speaks of.

SIR instructions are sprinkled throughout locore.s in locations where the
kernel gets so stuffed up it can't recover.  You need to find out which
one you're hitting.

What sort of machine is it and what are you using for the console?  There
are issues sharing USB devices between firmware and the OS.  Depending on
the platform, the info you need might be accessible through the system
controller.

Eduardo