Subject: hello, and bits...
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/30/2006 17:14:09
Hi sparc64 folks.

I finally bit the bullet and decided it was time for me to join this
list.  And I'm starting to move away from MIPS and more to SPARC64 stuff
lately.

I just got basic power management events working with my Ultrabook IIi.
(Power button, lid switch, ac adapter, etc.)  I'm curious if there are
any other users of Tadpole sparc64 hardware on this list.  If so, which
model(s)?  I have ready access to all of our Solaris sources and some
access to most of our hardware, and may be willing to spend time porting
Solaris drivers like power management code into NetBSD.

In other news, I'm told I'm to be receiving a Bullfrog 2 "laptop".  This
is a 28lb laptop with either single or dual Ultra3i cpus, and a full PCI
slot.  One of the tasks I want to work on is getting NetBSD to run on
it.  I may also be spending some time working on the sparc64 SMP
problem.  If there are folks on this list who want to help out with that
effort, I'd love to hear from you.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191