Subject: Re: NetBSD from scratch
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Christoph Kaegi <>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/03/2006 08:49:07
On 27.04-14:49, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, sp4rc wrote:
> >I have been googling for a while and came across FreeBSD from scratch
> >(apart from LFS) which raised my attention. Now I am wondering if there
> >is some documentation out there describing the same for NetBSD. Or has
> >someone experience with this and is willing to share his/her
> >documentation's?
> 	cd src
> 	./ -m {sparc,alpha} tools release
> Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's NetBSD: We are no "distribution"
> that someone arranged, but a real operating system where everything comes
> from one source tree. The above compiles all of NetBSD into a
> ready-to-install release format.

I don't think this is the information the original poster was after.

LFS is (IIRC) essentially a Howto about how to install linux to your
computer *without* just putting a CD into your drive and boot. e.g.
how to partition your harddisk, install kernel, userland, tools,
etc. by hand.

So I think he wanted to know if there is information about how to
install netbsd without sysinst or

Christoph Kaegi