Subject: Re: Setting OBP Screen Resolution on Ultra 10
To: None <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Schwerzmann, Stephan <stephan.schwerzmann@schmid-telecom.ch>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/25/2006 14:34:15
>Volker A. Brandt wrote:
>> Try "setenv output-device screen:r1024x768x66" to get a decent
>> picture to start with, then increase the frequency until it doesn't
>> work any more.
>
>Nope, no joy with that either. It would appear that Framebuffer FAQ is=20
>correct in that the PGX completely ignores whatever output-device is
set=20
>to and always tries to output at 1152x900 at boot time regardless.
>
>This only appears to be configurable using the m64config command in=20
>Solaris :(
>
>Looks like I'll be running this machine headless as I no longer have a=20
>Sun monitor for it. This isn't too much of hassle, tbh, as it's going
to=20
>be used mostly as a server at home and the display would only have been

>for convenience's sake every now and again when something went wrong=20
>after the initial install.
>
>G.

 I usually work with "olde sollarris 8" on U10 boxen.

 you should be able to download cdimages from sun.com somewhere
and make a "Operating System 1 of 2" CD (you just need the first one)

 boot the machine off that first CD and instead of working thru
the install process, open a shell and _possibly_ you can operate=20
the m64config utility to tune your gfx adapter
 (sorry, I can't verify right now - with bad luck m64config is not
available during install, then soory for the wasted bandwidth...)

Stephan