Subject: Re: browser
To: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
From: None <segv@netctl.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/22/2006 15:18:56
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 06:56:34 -0800
Ben Collver <collver@peak.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 11:11:46AM +0100, Michael Grunditz wrote:
> > Is there anyway to run a graphical browser  ? I tried to compile Mozilla
> > but the compile was killed,not by me.
>
> I got firefox to compile, but then it coredumps.
>
> Maybe using pkg_comp with the NetBSD/sparc sets to build a 32-bit binary
> would do the trick.  I haven't tried that yet.
>
> Ben

No chance, since compat_netbsd32 on sparc64 does not support threading. Which
kind of brings me to another question: what's the difference between
compat_netbsd32 and the way Solaris executes 32-bit code on 64-bit kernel?

fine-grained SMP + solid threading support + seamless 32-bit applications
support would be the most desireable objectives for NetBSD sparc64 port.

Oh yeah, and UltraSparc III and IV support :-)