Subject: Re: Setting OBP Screen Resolution on Ultra 10
To: Volker A. Brandt <vab@bb-c.de>
From: Gary Parker <G.J.Parker@lboro.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/16/2006 16:43:43
Volker A. Brandt wrote:
> Try "setenv output-device screen:r1024x768x66" to get a decent
> picture to start with, then increase the frequency until it doesn't
> work any more.

Nope, no joy with that either. It would appear that Framebuffer FAQ is
correct in that the PGX completely ignores whatever output-device is set
to and always tries to output at 1152x900 at boot time regardless.

This only appears to be configurable using the m64config command in
Solaris :(

Looks like I'll be running this machine headless as I no longer have a
Sun monitor for it. This isn't too much of hassle, tbh, as it's going to
be used mostly as a server at home and the display would only have been
for convenience's sake every now and again when something went wrong
after the initial install.

G.