Subject: Re: LSI Logic MegaRAID SATA 150-4
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/11/2006 09:53:37
Dans l'épisode précédent (Tue, Jan 10 2006 - 15:32), Brian Hechinger nous apprenait que :
> It seems that this thing is supported under NetBSD/i386, but has anyone every
> tried it under NetBSD/sparc?
>
> if it isn't directly supported, or untested, how hard is it, typically, to get
> a card working on sparc64 that already works on another arch?

It worked out of the box (since the right drivers were enabled) with
various PC hardware I tried (in Ultra5 and Ultra10):
- 3COM 905*
- Adaptec SCSI2, Ultra160 and Ultra320

The only issue with hardware related to hard drive is : would I be able to
boot from, or not. If the SCSI card I tried were not designed for Sun, I
couldn't boot from them - I had to have the kernel on the internal IDE
drive (with the SCSI driver) and then I could boot the rest of the system
from the SCSI drive. I'm not sure whether it would act the same way with
SATA controller.