Subject: Re: U5, SCSI HA, trouble booting
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Benoit <eric@oddity.ca>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/11/2005 20:56:03
Eduardo Horvath wrote:

> What's happening is that the kernel cannot correlate the boot stick
> (boot path from OBP) to a specific driver instance.
>
> The rather baroque code that attempts to do that is in:
>
> src/sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64/autoconf.c

I must thank you for your insight into this problem. Based on your
suggestions, I've modified one line and added another, and the damn
thing boots properly.

Also noticed an earlier (January) post on this list from you, which
dealt with an isp0 device on sbus. Of course as per the original issue,
the fact isp devices can be on either bus probably explains why it's not
there. ;)

Yes, a new method would be ideal. I'm not much a kernel hacker, but if
I've a bit of spare time I'll see what I can't do.

Thanks again!