Subject: Re: postfix and scache problem
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/31/2005 22:20:12
On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 11:42:04AM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> postfix/scache[25761]: warning: scache_save_endp_service: unable to receive file descriptor
> postfix/smtp[6325]: warning: problem talking to service private/scache socket: Invalid argument

So... while I was not able to reproduce this exact error, I could easily make
various parts of the the connection cache fail with "bad file descriptor"
messages. Since (with postfix 2.2.5 - apparently older versions had LP64
problems) the code that passes file descriptors between parts of postfix
works fine (there is a test program for it and it worked for me), this
(AFAICT) means that the server side passes bogus file descriptors to the
connection cache.

I think this is a generic postfix problems and have reported it to
the postfix-users mailing list.

Martin