Subject: Re: postfix and scache problem
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/31/2005 16:46:28
On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 11:42:04AM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> postfix/scache[25761]: warning: scache_save_endp_service: unable to receive file descriptor
> postfix/smtp[6325]: warning: problem talking to service private/scache socket: Invalid argument

Ok, next try: I do not have IPv6 in my kernel, and the scache problems
seem to only happen for destinations that do have a IPv6 entry in their
name server. For example it does not happen for my local mail server,
but it does happen with mail.netbsd.org.

Do you have v6 in your kernel? Could dig around a bit for the relay hosts
around your messages and see if "host" reports IPv6 addresses for them?

Martin