Subject: Re: postfix and scache problem
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/29/2005 17:40:32
On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 11:42:04AM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> Setting smtp_connection_cache_on_demand seems to correct the error.
> The second option sounds weird to my hears... I'm sure every-one would know if NetBSD
> had trouble with stress... Would it be sparc64 specific (nothing in dmesg but rrdtool
> show a load average of 4 when this began) ?

I've had the same problem with 2.0.2_STABLE on sparc64, running postfix
2.2.4 from pkgsrc (built with SASL, PCRE and TLS support). The connection
caching (added sometime in the postfix 2.1.x series) seems to be broken on
certain operating systems, NetBSD/sparc64 being one of them.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://weblogs.turner.org.za/mj/
mj@turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/