Subject: postfix and scache problem
To: NetBSD/sparc64 <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/29/2005 11:42:04
Hi,

I'm using postfix on my Ultra5 (NetBSD 3.0_STABLE) and got thousands of such messages :
************
postfix/scache[25761]: warning: scache_save_endp_service: unable to receive file descriptor
postfix/smtp[6325]: warning: problem talking to service private/scache socket: Invalid argument
************

I've never faced this before with any postfix/netbsd (sparc64/i386) conf...
According to google (http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2005-01/2546.html) :
************
You have two options:

    /etc/postfix/main.cf:
        smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = no

or use an operating system that does not break under stress.

Setting smtp_connection_cache_on_demand seems to correct the error.
The second option sounds weird to my hears... I'm sure every-one would know if NetBSD
had trouble with stress... Would it be sparc64 specific (nothing in dmesg but rrdtool
show a load average of 4 when this began) ?

The last *** big *** modification to my configuration was to add SASL supportso that I can
use my SMTP from work...

remarks ?