Subject: Re: machfb non-onboard cards
To: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/23/2005 17:32:14
On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 05:10:31PM +0200, Florian Stoehr wrote:
> so any cheap Rage II Pro PCI should work, eh?

Maybe... (might be hard to find those nowadays though)

> Unfortunately, the ati X driver is not that documented.

It should basically work with all of the above too, modulo bugs.

> - Always seeing "onboard" when talking about machfb, I hope it WILL also
> do when plugging in a stand-alone card?

I never tried something like this - I'm not sure your firmware has support
for the ATI as console - and if not, that would be a problem.

> This machine has keyboard/mouse through USB only, will that be a problem?

No.

So, if you can get a cheap card - try it and report back.

Martin