Subject: Re: choppy audio playback
To: segv <segv@netctl.net>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/21/2005 22:32:32
thus segv spake:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:10:35 +0200
> Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:
>

>>On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 08:47:39PM +0100, segv wrote:
>>

>>>Greetings, I'm running recent build of NetBSD-3 on Ultra 10 with IDE hard
>>>disk
>>
>>This means you are using the on-board, crappy, CMD ide chip.
>>
>>Martin
>

> That's the one. Since we're on the subject:
>
> 1) If I use a PCI controller card, will this fix the problem?
>
> 2) I don't have any SATA disks, just regular ATA disks, which ATA controller cards would
> you recommend? I mean I've got Promise ATA100 card, but I was previously told (and I
> tried it out myself) it doesn't run in Ultra/100 mode, but downgrades to Ultra/33. So
> which cards/chipsets are known to work with sparc64 port?

hi,

i had a

cmdide0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0
cmdide0: Silicon Image 0680 (rev. 0x02)
cmdide0: bus-master DMA support present
cmdide0: primary channel configured to native-PCI mode
cmdide0: using irq 11 for native-PCI interrupt

in my U10/440 which worked like a charm with two Seagate HDs in
RAIDframe (RAID1) config.

i booted off a CF card connected to the on board IDE controller, but
booting from another HD, CD, or from the net also is not a big deal ;)

cheers,

timo