Subject: Re: DVD playback
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: segv <segv@netctl.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/21/2005 00:59:16
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:44:52 -0400
Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > i'm not sure about Xv for xfree86 on sparc64...
>
> That's something the driver has to implement. sunffb doesn't support
> xvideo acceleration ( although the hardware could certainly do
> something like that, probably even yuv->rgb conversion ) - it supports
> double-buffering though which might help a bit. The ati driver
> supports xvideo, but I'm not sure if it's any good with the onboard
> video chips used in U5/U10 boxes.
>
> have fun
> Michael

When Xserver runs, it logs the following info about hardware:

(--) PCI:*(1:2:0) ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP rev 92, Mem @
0xe100000 0/24, 0xe2000000/12, I/O @ 0xffffff00/8, BIOS @ 0xe1020000/17
(--) SBUS: Sun FFB

I modified /etc/X11/XF86Config file to use ati driver, however it just
doesn't work. What's the difference between ati and sunffb drivers? I
mean the card is using ATI chipset, so how come ati driver doesn't work?