Subject: Re: (OT) Installing Solaris using a NetBSD install server
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/18/2005 07:34:39
* On 2005-07-17 at 02:07 BST, Sean Davis wrote:

> Basically, what I'm trying to do is load Solaris 10 onto a Netra
> over my LAN, with the cd images residing on a NetBSD machine. From
> what I can see, the Solaris install cd(s) contain multiple slices,
> and NetBSD can only mount one of them, which isn't sufficient to get
> to the install files. I'm stuck on where to go from here.

I found the instructions at

        http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/mount-cdrom.html

to be very helpful for a similar problem - should be able to map the
commands across to NetBSD ok via vnd etc.

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                     The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                       http://www.netbsd.org/