Subject: Re: PC RAM in Ultra 5/10 ?
To: None <joel@carnat.net>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/27/2005 18:05:45
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:41:54 +0200
"Joel CARNAT" <jcarnat@altran.net> wrote:

> is there any chance to have PC memory working on Ultra 5/10 ?
> I tried to plug an EDO and PC100 part but they don't even fit in the
> slot.
The U5 / U10 needs 3.3 V, registered / buffered ECC EDO DIMMs. This is a
standard JEDEC part. Some PeeCees, mostly "servers" used this kind of
memory. It was more common in PowerPC Machines. The memory in my U5 /
U10 comes from Motorola PowerStack II (PowerPC) machines, some RS/6000
(e.g. 43P-140) use the same memory. There are also some machines that
need 5 V memory, e.g. some early PowerMacs. The notches are different to
distinguish 3.3 V and 5 V memory.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen