Subject: Re: Firefox (again)
To: Amadeus Stevenson <amadeus.stevenson@gmail.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/21/2005 12:29:13
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:14:33PM +0200, Amadeus Stevenson wrote:
> I saw some patches got commited to pkgsrc for firefox since the last
> time I tried, so now after a lengthy compile the thing managed to load
> the homepage correctly!

Well, those patches got backed out in-between, since they broke other
systems. I have a new set of patches that will go in as soon as the pkgsrc
freeze is over.

However, they are necessary, but not enough. There seems to be a kernel issue
involved that corrupts register contents after a syscall (this makes firefox
crash in libpthread since pthread___self() suddenly is NULL), but there also
are other crashes from various (pkgsrc) libraries used. The syscall-register
issue needs to be solved first, it could cause (some of) the other crashes as
well.

Martin