Subject: Re: Sparc 20 hypersparc vs Ultra 2
To: Vicky Staubly <vicky@steeds.com>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/20/2005 16:49:50
thus Vicky Staubly spake:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Timo Schoeler wrote:
>
>> thus Michael-John Turner spake:
>>
>>> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:33:45PM +0200, Timo Schoeler wrote:
>>> Anyone feel like donating an SMP sparc64 machine to Michael? - at the
>>> rate
>>> he gets things fixed, we should have working SMP by the end of the
>>> month :)
>>

>> as i'm in germany i think it'd be too expensive to get my dual U2E to
>> michael than perhaps rising some $$$ and get one in the US?
>>
>> even U2s should be fairly cheap nowadays...
>

> My favorite site for Sun stuff (www.retrobox.com, from whom I've
> bought a pair of Ultra 1's, and an E450) has several Ultra 2's,
> including this one with a pair of 300MHz U2 cpu's and 1GB RAM:
>    http://www.retrobox.com/rbwww/home/unit_view.asp?id=1139144&bin_id=world
> for a mere $90(US) plus shipping.

ouch! hey, they're still way cheaper in the US than here (okay, i
thought/know this). eBay is the cheapest source here with all it's
drawbacks. so when you can get a machine from a dealer that cheap in the
US, i think we should rise the money :)

timo

yes, i'd donate -- is there one able to organize that donations for
sparc64 SMP get to this target? furthermore, does michael have time for
this? ;)