Subject: Re: Sparc 20 hypersparc vs Ultra 2
To: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/20/2005 14:14:45
On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:33:45PM +0200, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> i have a SS20 with Dual 85MHz SuperSPARC II (those weren't supported by
> SUN IIRC because of the huge amount of heat they generate) which is
> faster than a 200MHz HyperSPARC dualie of a friend. as a rule of thumb
> one can say that the SuperSPARC II is at least as fast as a HyperSPARC
> with twice the clock.

There's quite a nice overview of MBus modules at
http://mbus.sunhelp.org/modules/index.htm. It also has an imprecise but
still useful performance comparison at the bottom of the page.

Anyone feel like donating an SMP sparc64 machine to Michael? - at the rate
he gets things fixed, we should have working SMP by the end of the month :)

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mj.turner.org.za/
mj@turner.org.za    | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/