Subject: Netra t1 105
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/19/2005 20:43:32
--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

Hi, I've recently acquired one of these, and I've got a few questions.
It's a model 105 Netra t1, with an 18 gig (?) Seagate Cheetah Ultra160 SCSI
drive (sun branded), 440mhz UltraSPARC-IIi, and 512MB ram.

1) Is there a Symbios Ultra160 PCI SCSI host adapter that can be used in
   this machine (ie, is OFW bootable?) if not Symbios, I'm open to whatever
   suggestion - as long as OFW can boot from it.

2) I'm running NetBSD 2.0.2_STABLE on it at the moment. I intend for this
   machine to (eventually) serve as a router (ipf/ipnat/altq), netboot server
   (rarp/dhcp/tftp/nfs/whatever).. Should I consider 3.0_BETA, or is
   2.0.2_STABLE the best choice for this application? Note that I hope to
   eventually get a working DECstation, so I might want mopd(8), which AFAIK
   does not ship with netbsd-2-0.

3) Is the hardware watchdog provided by LOMlite supported by NetBSD? If so,
   any recommendations in setting it up?

I've got an Ultra 1 and Ultra 5 running NetBSD, so I'm not unfamiliar with
NetBSD/sparc64, I just want to get this system setup in the most optimal way
possible. All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

-Sean

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv--