Subject: Re: would my Quad card be broken ?
To: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/14/2005 08:00:08
Michael-John Turner schrieb:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 10:52:42PM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
>
>> No I dont' have another HUB/SWITCH :(
>> But my testing with X-cable should show it's not HUB related, shouldn't it ?
>

> I read a week or two ago that OpenBSD has problems with the Simba PCI
> bridge on the U5/10, with the result that PCI cards don't work properly.
> Do we have any related issues, issues that could be causing the slowdown
> (in particular, because the qfe card has an onboard bridge?).
>
> Joel - the SBus qfe 2.0 appears as 4 x hme(4), so I'd assume the PCI model
> of the card works the same.
>
> -mj

hm, i have an IDE PCI card in my U10/440 to hold the RAID1 (RAIDframe)
in it, it performs well (surely higher than 10 or 100kbps :).

when the Simba brigde would be affected as a whole, this should also
give problems?

regards,

--
Timo Schoeler | http://macfinity.net/~tis | timo.schoeler@macfinity.net
//macfinity -- finest IT services | http://macfinity.net

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
and those who don't.