Subject: remove SunFire V100 CPU FAN
To: NetBSD/sparc64 <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/10/2005 19:41:58
--PmA2V3Z32TCmWXqI

Hi,

first, sorry, it's not 100% NetBSD related (although NetBSD is installed on=
 my V100 ;)
I can't find how to take-off/replace the CPU FAN on my SunFire V100.
In fact, I want to see if it's possible to replace the fan by a PC-like rad=
iator
(for noise issue - I already saw it was possible to use an Intel/AMD silent=
 PSU).

Anyway, before I pull heavily and break all the things =3D) :
1. is the FAN "linked" to the CPU (like on U5/U10)
2. anyone knows an URL to a howto replace CPU/CPU_fan ?

TIA,
	Jo
--=20
,- This mail runs ------.