Subject: Re: Packages for 2.0.2?
To: leam@reuel.net <leam@reuel.net>
From: Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/06/2005 21:08:13
On 6/6/05, leam@reuel.net <leam@reuel.net> wrote:
> I started to look for a bind package for a 2.0.2 machine and it just show=
s one for 1.6.2. In the article http://netbsd.org/Documentation/software/pa=
ckages.html it says go to ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/<os_rele=
>=20
> Am I missing something? Besides brain cells, that is...
>=20
> ciao!
>=20
> leam
>=20
>=20

sparc64 has a lot of things not available in binary format yet.  You
could try doing
a 'make install' in your pkgsrc tree.  I usually do 'make bin-install'
so that if a binary
exists, it will use that, otherwise it builds from source.  I've been
doing a lot of builds
on my Ultra2.  Maybe there is a way for me to make all of those pkgs
available to
the rest of the folks in sparct64 land ?=20

cheers,

    mehul

--=20
Mehul N. Sanghvi