Subject: Re: Re: slapd cores
To: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@macfinity.net>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/06/2005 19:06:20
--TYecfFk8j8mZq+dy

On Mon, Jun 06 2005 - 16:25, Timo Schoeler wrote:
> thus Joel CARNAT spake:
> > Hi,
<...>
>=20
> hi jo,
>=20
> maybe you just run into the (known) problem that db4 is troublesome on
> sparc64. i had the same problem deploying cyrus22 -- db4 builds well but
> gives me runtime errors (cyrus22 went crazy when trying to contact db4).
>=20
> see http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=3D29616
>=20

 erf, I saw the cyrus problem thread but didn't thought it could be
 linked with mine through db4 ;(

 this means having datas in a hash file won't solve my problem, right ?

> maybe it's possible to fix this by running the 32bit binary from
> port-sparc (i'm digging into this right now for my cyrus stuff).

 no way :) better keep LDAP on any other working arch than running 32bits
 things on my U5 :p or I may switch to SQL storage.
=20
 does mySQL work on sparc64 ?

> There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary
> and those who don't.

 what are the 8 others kinds then ? :p

Cheers,
	Jo