Subject: slapd cores
To: NetBSD/sparc64 <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/06/2005 16:16:46
--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

Hi,

I'm switching my whole i386 services to my U5 and it seems OpenLDAP has
issues :( Here's a few infos about my conf :

####################################
Ultra 5 / NetBSD 3.0_BETA (from a few days ago)

OpenLDAP 2.2.20nb2 (from pkgsrc-2005Q1)

PKG_OPTIONS.openldap=3Dbdb

database bdb
####################################

The base is started and filled up with LDIF from the working OpenLDAP
(on the i386 machine). The I reconstruct the index (slapindex).

When I run ldapsearch on the sparc64 instance, either the process cores
immediatly or I get a bit of answer then the process goes "mad" (take
80% CPU ad-vitam).

Revelant info (I guess) seen with (-d 2) is :
ldap_read: want=3D8 error=3DResource temporarily unavailable
=2E..
ldap_read: want=3D8 error=3DResource temporarily unavailable
=2E..
Bus error (core dumped)

I have 512Mo of RAM... And have been testing stability of the system by
compiling a lot of packages.

Are there any tricks to run OpenLDAP on sparc64 ?

TIA,
	Jo
--=20
,- This mail runs ------.