Subject: Success: X11 on Rage Pro and Rage I/II
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/02/2005 11:48:15
Hi.

Finaly I found time to do the promised testing... I own a U5 (Darwin+ /
Rage Pro) and a U10 (Darwin / Rage I/II). I run -current (last cvs
updated May 20) with xsrc (last cvs updated May 23) on them. Beside
mysterious problems with SCSI disk access I was able to run X11 on both
of them out of the box. I only needed a litle bit vi(1) the XF86Config
to adjust HorizSync, VertRefresh and DefaultColorDepth. The Rage Pro
runs at 1280x1024 and the Rage I/II 1152x864, both at 16 bit clolor
depth.

The Rage Pro is knowen to work for some time. I can do some additional
testing on the Rage I/II machine if needed. But the Rage I/II machine
will be available for testing only until Saturday morning.

I have a UPA framebuffer 501-4789 Creator Series 3 (FFB2+) available for
testing in the U10 too.

Also: I got a U1e with 501-4127 Creator Series 1 (FFB) last weekend that
I can use for tests. NetBSD 3.99.3 recognizes this card as:
ffb0 at mainbus0 addr 0xffb5a000: Creator3D, model SUNW,501-2633, dac 10
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen