Subject: Re: XFree86 and sunffb on an Ultra-2 -> Elf_RelocateEntry()
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/10/2005 11:23:14
On Mon, 9 May 2005 15:09:43 -0400
Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > (To work around LP64 related GCC internal bugs in the HP-PA backend
> > I need to use a 32 bit machine for building hp700...)
> Ouch...=20
Yes. Unfortunately there is still a lot of not-LP64 aware software out
there. What was it with Mozilla / Firefox on LP64 big endian machines...

> > BTW: I am building -current at the moment to test the recent ATI PCI
> > VGA support. I have a U10 ("Darwin") with "ATI Technologies 3D Rage
> > I/II" and a U5 ("Darwin+") with an ATI Rage Pro. Will this work on
> > Darwin and Darwin+ or Darwin+ only?
> Both will work as console, but only the Rage Pro will work properly
> with XFree.
Sounds promising.

> For some reason it doesn't like the Rage II - feel free to poke around
I can run some testes if you instruct me, but I have no time left for
just an other NetBSD hacking project. Sorry.

> - I have no way to do that myself right now since I don't have the
> hardware ( my U10 has a Rage Pro ). Please mail me the dmesg output of
> the machine and a PCI device dump=20
=3D> PM.

> > Maybe this should be added to the FAQ on the port-sparc64 page at
> > the NetBSD web site. ;-)
> This stuff is brand new and needs testing :)
I am a willing victim. ;-)
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen