Subject: Re: XFree86 and sunffb on an Ultra-2 -> Elf_RelocateEntry()
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <mk@kilbi.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/09/2005 14:08:00

    >> ffb0 at mainbus0 addr 0xffb66000: Creator, model SUNW,501-2634,
    >> dac 10 ffb0: attached to /dev/fb

    Michael> This is unsupported but worked on.

Finally I can confirm this at the moment (see below)...

    >> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdbe.a
    >> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 12321
    >> Elf_RelocateEntry() Unsupported relocation type 12321

    Michael> This means that you compiled X from src/x11 which is
    Michael> currently broken. Try building X natively ( via xsrc,
    Michael> make World and so on ) and the errors should be gone.

I've successfully made a 'make build' in xsrc, the resulting Xserver
stuff no longer shows 'Elf_RelocateEntry()...' messages...

    Michael> I'm surprised it works at all, Martin will be pleased to
    Michael> hear it :) Rebuild your Xserver. This version with all
    Michael> the relocation errors /will/ crash at some point.

... but the running Xserver eats all the cpu time and does not
function (had no time to look at the screen so far...).

I'll stay tuned til sunffb is supported.

Regards, Markus.