Subject: Re: ultra5 & Xwindows
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@ininito.it>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/02/2005 12:39:43
On Monday 02 May 2005 00:05, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > uhci now works, but there is an error for ehci:
> >
> > ehci0: interrupting at ivec 16
> > ehci0: EHCI version 0.95
> > ehci0: companion controllers, 2 ports each: uhci0 uhci1
> > ehci0: run timeout
> > ehci0: init failed, error=13
> >
> > I don't know whether this matters. Hopefully when I try to plug in a
> > memory stick all will be ok!
>
> Yes, ehci has various issues and doesn't work with a lot of chipsets.
> This may give you trouble when you connect highspeed USB 2.0 devices -
> in this case you'll probably want a kernel without ehci, this would
> allow them to work at least.

This sounds strange: I've just compiled a new -current kernel and booted it on
my ultra5 and I don't see any error messages about USB. BTW, as Amadeus said,
a 1280*1024 console is absolutely fantastic! Congratulations!
Now I've got a big problem :( keyboard doesn't work anymore... I had a quick
look at kernel config files, but I can't find anything about keyboard. And
now I can't do anything (no serial cables, nothing at all :( ) to solve
this... any hints?
Thank you all, you're great!

> have fun
> Michael