Subject: Re: ultra5 & Xwindows
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Amadeus Stevenson <amadeus.stevenson@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/02/2005 00:56:38
On 5/1/05, Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > USB kernel would be most appreciated. My U5 has a US IIi 400mhz, and
> > doesn't seem to be too slow compiling, but I can see that taking some
> > time!
>=20
> This kernel
> http://macallan.homeunix.org:6704/stuff/BSD/sparc64/netbsd_Ultra10_05_01.=
bz2
> has ohci, uhci and ehci suport compiled in.

uhci now works, but there is an error for ehci:

uhci0 at pci2 dev 2 function 0: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller (r=
ev. 0
x50)
uhci0: interrupting at ivec 14
usb0 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: VIA Technologies UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhci1 at pci2 dev 2 function 1: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller (r=
ev. 0
x50)
uhci1: interrupting at ivec 15
usb1 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1
uhub1: VIA Technologies UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ehci0 at pci2 dev 2 function 2: VIA Technologies VT8237 EHCI USB Controller=
 (rev
. 0x51)
ehci0: interrupting at ivec 16
ehci0: EHCI version 0.95
ehci0: companion controllers, 2 ports each: uhci0 uhci1
ehci0: run timeout
ehci0: init failed, error=3D13

I don't know whether this matters. Hopefully when I try to plug in a
memory stick all will be ok!

Thanks!

Amadeus