Subject: Re: ultra5 & Xwindows
To: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 05/01/2005 12:49:38
Michael-John Turner said:

>I guess the standard answer would be, "you can never have too much RAM" :)
>It's not too difficult to find RAM for the U5 and 10 on eBay - although Sun
>branded RAM is expensive, you can also use many generic ECC EDO DIMMs
>without problem. I have four such 128M DIMMs in my U5 and they're working
>like a charm - they were originally intended for a Proliant 7000 and cost
>me $38.

You can also find all the Sun memory that you need on memoryx.com.

I refuse to buy anything from ebay/paypal. I've known too many people that
got ripped off. I know someone who is a bank regulator for the state of
Colorado, and she says that they may ban paypal from doing business in the
state.
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com
		<http://www.rmkhome.com/>