Subject: pci usb card on ultra 5 problems
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Amadeus Stevenson <amadeus.stevenson@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/30/2005 18:35:46
Hello again,

As you might guess I'm trying to gear up my ultra 5 as a "home
desktop" which is really the first time I've used netbsd for anything
other than server uses.

Anyway, I purchased a pci usb card which I was told "works on freebsd!".

I did search the archives and found people with NEC chipsets having no
problems on Solaris, but I couldn't find any NEC chipset cards and was
told the VIA one was fine.

# dmesg
VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller (USB serial bus, revision 0x50) at=
 pci2
 dev 2 function 0 not configured
VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller (USB serial bus, revision 0x50) at=
 pci2
 dev 2 function 1 not configured
ehci0 at pci2 dev 2 function 2: VIA Technologies VT8237 EHCI USB Controller=
 (rev
. 0x51)
ehci0: interrupting at ivec 16
ehci0: EHCI version 0.95
ehci0: wrong number of companions (2 !=3D 0)
ehci0: ohci or uhci probably not configured
ehci0: init failed, error=3D13

I'm trying to build -current so that might fix things, but other than
that is there anything I can do?

I often find "not configured" hardware on various machines I use, and
am too ignorant to know what, if anything, people like myself can do
to remedy the situation. I wouldnt' mind spending time testing/putting
together patches if it means others will be able to use the hardware.

Amadeus