Subject: speaker out via audioctl on Ultra5 - problems
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Amadeus Stevenson <amadeus.stevenson@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/30/2005 18:28:42
Hello all,

I'm trying to play music on my ultra 5.

On netbsd 2 release:

audiocs0 at ebus0 addr 200000-2000ff, 702000-70200f, 704000-70400f,
722000-722003 ipl 35 ipl 36: CS4231A
audio0 at audiocs0: full duplex

# audioctl -a
play.port=3D0x0
play.avail_ports=3D0x0

From what I've read on the mailing list archives and from google, you
need to change the port to 0x4 for line out. Currently the audio is
playing via the built in speaker. (where is the documentation listing
which port corresponds to which output?)

However since the avail_ports only lists the internal speaker it won't
let me change the play.port to anything else.

Is this normal? Is there anything I can do? I'm trying to build
-current so I can get X to work, so I don't know if that will solve
the problem, but if anyone can give me any pointers they'd be most
appreciated!

Thanks

Amadeus