Subject: Re: Xserver on u60 Creator3d
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/21/2005 08:01:45
On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 05:37:39PM -0400, Michael wrote:

> You forgot a few things:
> - the new server is almost certainly some sort of XFree86.

No, that version is a dumb server, not the XFree version that I'm working
on.

To answer the original question: right now it is not easy to get any kind
of XServer running on ffb cards - there are some nits to be resolved, the
in-tree stuff is inconsistent. I hope to have that fixed soon, and get the
XFree server (that our current xsrc already builds for sparc64) working.

If you want to help and have a U2 (!) with ffb, and understand the zs driver,
(or hardware) contact me off-list.

Martin