Subject: Re: NetBSD/sparc64 now 'ready for primetime'?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/03/2005 18:24:15
--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:10:38AM +1200, Philip Jensen wrote:
> For what its worth, I have a NetBSD v2.0_RC4 SPARC64 as a primary=20
> network router/firewall.  The hardware is a Sun Netra T1 with internal=20
> 18GB SCSI disks and a mirrored RAID set.

I've also got a NetBSD/sparc64 machine running as a router. It's an Ultra 1
model 170E, 167mhz CPU & 160MB RAM, with a 4GB SCSI disk and an sbus HME in
addition to the onboard. It does ipf, ipnat, dhcp (isc), dns (djbdns), and
altq, and stays under 0.1 load most of the time. It's uptime is nothing
impressive at the moment, because of a recent power outage, but I've never
once had it crash due to anything other than power failure. It's running
3.0_BETA.

Just a "me too" :)

- Sean

--