Subject: Disk Problems with Ultra-E1 (FAS366/HME vs ESP200)
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@absd.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/28/2005 23:29:26
 	I'm unable to boot either NetBSD-2 or NetBSD-3_BETA on a
 	167Mhz Ultra1-E. During autoconfig it identifies the SCSI
 	controller as an FAS366/HME, and gives many errors of the
 	form:

 	(esp0:0:0): selection failed; 7 left in FIFO [intr 18, stat 87, step 3]

 	Both Solaris 2.8 and OpenBSD 3.4 boot and probe the disks
 	without problems.

 	If I boot Solaris or OpenBSD first, then without powercycling
 	boot NetBSD then NetBSD identifies the ESP as an ESP200
 	and all seems fine.

 	I've had a quick look at OpenBSD's sys/dev/sbus/esp_sbus.c
 	vs NetBSD's and I cannot see any differences in the probe
 	code that should cause one to pick ESP200 while the other
 	gets FAS366/HME.

 	Would anyone have any ideas?
--
 			   David Brownlee -- abs@absd.org