Subject: Re: Re: XFree86 - testers wanted
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/18/2005 14:26:46
Dans l'épisode précédent (Fri, Mar 18 2005 - 08:12), Michael nous apprenait que :
> Hello,
>
> > > But I don't see what this could have to do with pkgsrc problems - I use it all the time with only the usual bunch of 64bit-related
> > > problems. Most things work but a lot of packages tend to segfault or bus error a lot.
> > >

> > the whole thing is I suspect I don't have a nice userland i(it's
> > 2.0-RELEASE).
> That's what I use too, works pretty well with some quirks. I /should/ update to a -current userland though...

 I think there should be fixed things that aren't in netbsd-2 either
 ('coze I have hangs even with a full netbsd-2 release).
 It freezes (with no reason I can see) when compiling various things...
 Sometimes bash compiles straigth, sometimes not. Last thing was with
 openbox ; it freezed somewhere in the middle of the dependancies
 compilation.

> > the idea of getting your kernel conf was I thought I would be able to
> > compile the whole thing (kernel+userland) from -current.
> Compiling a -current kernel from a 2.0 userland works ( with some hacking ) but I've been unable to build userland.

 it went straight (from my i386 and with native sparc64) for me.
 userland never compiled completely.
 I even don't know which parts are worth compiling.
 I mean, maybe only gcc and a few libs are worth compiling (to stop my
 hang bug).

> > then I'd get your features (X, ...) and a decent working userland.
> My Xserver package is compiled for a 2.0 userland.
>
> > but if your patches aren't submitted, as you said, the kern conf is
> > useless :)
> I attached the keyboard patch to my previous mail, that should be all you need to roll your own.

 yep, I've seen it.
 I'll aply the patch when trying to compile -current.

--
,-- This mail runs ---------.
`------------ NetBSD/i386 --'