Subject: Re: Re: XFree86 - testers wanted
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/18/2005 14:04:29
Dans l'épisode précédent (Fri, Mar 18 2005 - 07:28), Michael nous apprenait que :
> Hello,
>
> > Wooooooo :)
> >
> >  X is up, keyboard in French, Paradise !!!
> Cool :)
>
> >  Can you provide us the kernel conf file so that I try to recompile for
> >  current source tree - my U10 still hangs on pkgsrc compilation :(
> I'll attach the kernel config I used, but this alone won't help you much ( it's just GENERIC with unnecessary drivers thrown out ) - the keyboard code in -current is apparently still broken. I have a bunch of workarounds but they're not quite how things ought to be, I'll attach them anyway. This will make the keyboard usable but not everything will work. There's a reason it's not in the official source.

 ah OK :)

> But I don't see what this could have to do with pkgsrc problems - I use it all the time with only the usual bunch of 64bit-related problems. Most things work but a lot of packages tend to segfault or bus error a lot.

the whole thing is I suspect I don't have a nice userland i(it's
2.0-RELEASE).
the idea of getting your kernel conf was I thought I would be able to
compile the whole thing (kernel+userland) from -current.
then I'd get your features (X, ...) and a decent working userland.

but if your patches aren't submitted, as you said, the kern conf is
useless :)

--
,-- This mail runs ---------.
`------------ NetBSD/i386 --'