Subject: Re: 64-bit www/firefox on sparc64
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 03/17/2005 02:11:23
Michael wrote:
> I never got FF to work, but Mozilla war pretty usable after removing this extension (transformiix) - never got around to fix it. Time to try again I guess.
>
> btw. did you tell the pkgsrc people ( tech-pkg@netbsd.org ) ?

I didn't see any point in telling them, because it's so unstable. I mean
it does run, but crashes quite frequently. When building firefox, gcc
produces a lot of warnings about casts and alignments, etc, when I have
time I'll look into those and see if I can fix them and may be get
everything into one patch cluster. It'd be nice to have 64-bit firefox
run without crashing every few minutes.